Re: Proposal: new alternatives links

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 05:26:36PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:07:09PM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
>
> > If you set Reply-To, like I have, to the destination where you'd like
> > mail to be sent you have a greater chance of people respecting your
> > preference.
>
> Setting Reply-To: to point to the mailing list can lead to very
> unhelpful behaviour since Reply-To: really doesn't mean what you want it
> to mean:
>
>   http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

also, for example, I use Reply-To in email Is end, under the assumption that
if someone wishes to email me or hits the reply to key sequence, the email
will be sent to this address. My from address is generally not my Reply-To
address (though both are valid email addresses at all times). What I mean to
say is this has nothing to do with list email, and I prefer not to get email
cc's if I am on that list. Thus I dont have Mail-Followup-To set to reply to
me, and I dont have something at the top or bottom of email to lists saying
please CC me replies.

        See You
            Steve

--