Re: libdb.so.3 woody upgrade failure-bug; & apt/preferences favoring testing

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 12:56:38AM -0700, tluxt wrote:
> --- Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> > There are two db2 problems:
>
> > one is an upgrade ordering problem,
> > which is fixed by apt-get install'ing libc6 and db2 before anything
> > else (especially perl).
>
> > The other is a compatibility problem with
> > libdb.so.3 which is (was) a symlink to libdb2.so.something, and evidently
> > shouldn't've been.
>
> > Both these have been fixed recently, and are currently
> > being built for all arches.
>
> So, whwn can a person, wanting to, do a clean upgrade to Woody/testing?

When libc6 2.2.4-1 arrives in woody. Keep an eye on
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/ for the status of that.

> 2. If these packages are going to first appear in Unstable, and not
> migrate to testing for (as I understand it) at least 2 weeks of not
> having had any changes, then what, specifically, would be the
> procedure to accomplish this upgrade (without upgrading entirely to
> Unstable) once the packages become available in Unstable? (I.e., what
> is a complete, specific,  procedure for getting the necessary packages
> installed?)

Download
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.2.4-1_i386.deb
(and probably the other .deb files in that directory) and install them
with 'dpkg -i'. The procedure you quoted with 'apt-get -t unstable
install libc6' instead of kde looks like it would work fine too.

issue.]