Re: Debian doc-base policy.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 02:39:51AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> And policy should rather document current practice (as Komatsu's
> initial proposal did) than invent something new.

Indeed, "current practice" one consideration; however, "consistancy"
and "ease of use" are other important considerations.  The documentation
system is, after, intended to help folks -- especially newbies --
find things efficiently.

> It is kind of working, as it is. It just needs clearer documentation,
> not a new system.

Not everyone agrees that the current practice is working well
enough.  I don't want to repeat all the arguments made, but
have a look at

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200108/msg01017.html
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200108/msg01022.html

Regards,