Re: [OT] lazy maintainers

On 08 Aug 2001 07:02:52 -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 05:33:57AM -0500, Jared Johnson wrote:
> > I reiterate again that it has not yet affected any debian release.
> > Mozilla is a key feature in Debian.  Key Debian developers, Myth not the
> > least of them, will make sure that it is included in a sufficiently
> > stable form if this is at all possible.  Branden took some time to
> > release X 4 packages into the world...
>
> Not so fast, Kemosabe.  XFree86 4.1 was released on June 2nd and I had
> my first experimental .debs available 10 days later, on June 12th.
>
> I don't particularly care to take a position on whether mozilla should
> be appropriated from Myth or not, but I resent your reckless analogies
> to me and my packages.

Well, it wasn't quite an analogy to your packages... more an analogy to
a theoretical situation that never actually happened with your packages
:)  and the point was that you do dammed hard work and your important
updates most likely wouldn't be pushed out of debian for many reasons
even if you required some time to do a big arseload of work :P

(nor would someone bother to NMU a barely-working package ignoring said
work :|)

--
Jared Johnson
solomon@futureks.net