Re: Solaris/Debian

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:07:18AM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
>   There was such project once, did anything ever come out of it? Anyone have
> clue about how many programs would compile into debs on solaris if dpkg/debconf and
> pals would be compiled and user did 'apt-get -b source <packet>'

Ben Collins worked on it for a long time.  I started investigating it
independently, and became discouraged after a talk with him about its
difficulty.  He and I were planning slightly different attacks, but it
still seems a Hard problem.

I don't have a good presentation, but I started to write about it at
and I didn't get very far.  hth.
						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>  | Policeman: You're playing God!
unix brujo, shutterbug, bookworm     | Dr. Hfuhruhurr: *Somebody* has to!