Re: potato -> woody upgrade not smooth...

Em 11 Jul 2001 11:06:17 -0400
Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> escreveu:

> The Apt developers have I think rightly argued that this would be a
> layering violation.  apt-get was never really intended as the primary
> packaging tool that a lot of users would use.  The hope was that
> people would use tools like aptitude or console-apt.
well, they're not as easy and as practical as apt-get install...

> However people really seem to want a CLI tool.  It's not clear how to
> deal with recommends well in a CLI.
hmmm it should *at least* show something like:

"Package foo suggests: packg1, packg2, packg3"

and asking:

"Would you like to install those?"

or even:

"Would you like to select the ones you wish to install?"

then asking a Y/N prompt for each package...

that feature could be configured so that the ones who really don't
care and don't want to answer these questions will be satisfied too

> If you have ideas on how to present the interface they would certainly be welcome.
Asking the user is almost always the best approach ;)

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |