Re: LSB Spec 1.0 Criticism

* Brent Verner (brent@rcfile.org) spake thusly:
> On 05 Jul 2001 at 12:33 (-0500), Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> | * Brent Verner (brent@rcfile.org) spake thusly:
> | > I've started a new init/rc system meant to be LSB compliant.
> | ... the idea is to put together perl modules to handle
> | > init scripts...
> |
> | AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE! Mama, make the bad thing go away.
>
> Which part is the bad thing?

I had this mental image of /sbin/init calling /usr/bin/perl in order
to execute /etc/init.d/nfs.client that would mount /usr/bin. I also
had this mental image of init breaking with every perl upgrade, just
like apache does ATM. I realise that's not what you had in mind; the
images were still scary as hell.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)