Re: RFC: Removing old ncurses versions

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 06:24:33PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> If nobody objects, I'll file a bug against ftp.debian.org to have arla removed.
> Its two grave bugs (1 year/92 days and 270 days old) have never received any
> response from the maintainer.  It didn't make it into potato, probably because
> of these bugs, and it won't make it into woody either, unless someone adopts
> it.  It probably doesn't even work with recent kernels, while OpenAFS does and
> is actively being developed and maintained.

I use arla, and it works ok (but, of course, my own compiled version,
not debian package).
I tried to switch to openafs, but it is much more kernel-dependent than
arla, make a HUGE kernel modules, and I was able to set it up only after
whole day fight (and it OOPSed when umounting fs), whereas setting up
arla was a piece of cake.

Arla package just needs a new maintainer (no, I do not volunteer,
I would not find enough time for it :-))