Re: RFC: Removing old ncurses versions

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 9:55 pm, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

>* Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org> [20010413 22:20]:
> > I'd actually LIKE to pull libncurses4 also.  Some things still use
> > it, but rebuilding them should be painless.  So again, does anyone
> > have closed-source applications which require either?
>
> 6 packages still depend on it.  Any volunteers?

I make it a few more than 6

stephen:~$ grep-available ncurses4 | grep ^Package
Package: jmon
Package: liveice
Package: netris
Package: strn
Package: libncurses4-dev
Package: ngs-js
Package: libjs0
Package: wxd
Package: moria
Package: ucblogo
Package: mp3blaster
Package: libncurses4
Package: infocom
Package: hdlant

Ignoring libncurses4 and libncurses4-dev I make that 12 (of which strn,
moria, infocom and hdlant are in non-free/*)...of those at least ngs-js
and libjs0 are from the same source package.

I have done test-builds for jmon, liveice, netris, ngs-js, and libjs0.
Those packages at least have the dependency changed to libncurses5 with
just a rebuild, I have no reason to think the rest will be any
different.

It should not be a huge amount of work to rebuild these few packages
and upload them.  What would be the procedure to get them rebuilt?
file bugs against the packages?

--
Stephen Stafford
GPG public key on request