Re: Mkisofs not in testing and not mentioned in update-excuses

> If you don't find a package in any distribution (so check unstable too)
> at /distrib/packages, then unless that system is a little out of sync it
> doesn't exist. /distrib/packages can tell you the source package a
> binary package came from (follow the link to the .dsc), so you can use
> that, but update_excuses is really a diagnostic tool rather than a
> search tool.

I'm only disturbed since usually a package doesn't disapeare from
testing, it only doesn't get updated. So if the package were metioned in
update-excuses I would have known why, at least get an idea. Okay I know
now I've to look for the source package.

mkisofs_1.9.1 was in testing but was removed a few weeks ago. If a
package is removed there has to be some very good reasons, meaning don't
use this package anymore. Same holds for nictools-nop_1.3.1-1 and
nichtools-pci_1.3.1-1.

O. Wyss