Re: Mkisofs not in testing and not mentioned in update-excuses

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 at 21:56:20 +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > >What's happening with mkisofs? Stable contains mkisofs 3:1.8-3 and unstable
> > >mkisofs 4:1.10-1 but nothing in testing? Shouldn't packages missing in
> > >testing be listed in update-excuses?
>
> This is misleading, if I don't find a package at
> "http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages";, I usually check the
> "http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html";.

If you don't find a package in any distribution (so check unstable too)
at /distrib/packages, then unless that system is a little out of sync it
doesn't exist. /distrib/packages can tell you the source package a
binary package came from (follow the link to the .dsc), so you can use
that, but update_excuses is really a diagnostic tool rather than a
search tool.