Re: blaster xscreensaver crashes computer?

On Wed Jun 27, 2001 at 10:32:33 +1000, Brian May wrote:
> 1. running the blaster screen saver crashes almost immediately after I
> run it (just after the first screen refresh I think). This is very
> reproducible.

Same here :( I never tried this one before and ran right into the crash.
Machine locks up hard (no ping) with XFree 4 (this box has a chip
without the scrolling bug). With XFree 3.3.6 (potota version) only the X
server goes nuts (and is killable)..
Only known solution so far: Don't use blaster.

> 2. switching to a text mode console produces a black screen, and I
> can't see any text, so I switch back to X and fortunately X still
> works.

Hmm, I'm not seeing this here but I use FB for the console with
"vga=0x318, video=vesa:mtrr", maybe this makes the difference?

> Maybe I need to wait for 4.1.0?

I don't belief it makes things better right now. I'll contact Tim...

Adam
--
Adam                 al10@inf.tu-dresden.de
  Lackorzynski         http://a.home.dhs.org