Re: blaster xscreensaver crashes computer?

On Mon Jun 25, 2001 at 20:58:28 +1000, Brian May wrote:
> under Debian stable, I found that running the blaster screensaver would
> crash my computer (A T21 Thinkpad laptop computer).
>
> Previously, I thought this was specific to stable, but just previously
> my computer locked up with a screensaver that looked suspicuosly like
> blaster (no - I am not going to try it again just yet to check ;-).

That's probably caused by a bug in the graphics chip. Get XF4 and go to
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html for a driver which has a
workaround for this bug built in. XFree 4.1.0 already comes with this
updated driver, you'll only need timr's driver if you're using 4.0.x.

Adam
--
Adam                 al10@inf.tu-dresden.de
  Lackorzynski         http://a.home.dhs.org