Re: Why is there no libopenldap1-dev in sid ?

Previously Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Hi Ben,

Actually I maintain the LDAP packages now. I don't have time to
also maintain OpenLDAP1 packages but I have no objection to anyone
volunteering to make a minimal packages of them with only libopenldap1
and libopenldap1-dev.

> The developers are working on a port to the v.2 API, but don't want to hurry
> that, since there have been so fundamental changes (cf. the discussion in
> the python-ldap list on
> http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/1568/0/)

Judging by that discussion the current CVS code plus some known
patches work, but nobody is really maintaining python-ldap anymore
currently.

> Now should I remove the python-ldap package from sid, or is there a chance
> that we could include a legacy libopenldap1-dev package ?

Only if someone volunteers to build suck a package I'm afraid.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@wiggy.net                   http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |