Why is there no libopenldap1-dev in sid ?

Hi Ben,

I'm struggling with the python-ldap package. The problem is that the current
python-ldap release still works with the OpenLDAP v.1 API, and has no yet
been migrated to v.2.

The developers are working on a port to the v.2 API, but don't want to hurry
that, since there have been so fundamental changes (cf. the discussion in
the python-ldap list on
http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/1568/0/)

In the meantime, I'm only able to compile python-ldap against the OpenLDAP
v.1 API, which is no longer present in sid.

Now should I remove the python-ldap package from sid, or is there a chance
that we could include a legacy libopenldap1-dev package ?

    Gregor