Re: horse carcas flogging

    Hello,

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 08:11:47AM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> No, everybody agrees, but not everybody thinks it s a worth the
> trouble.

    Not everyone agrees, as my last mail shows.  I would argue that it's
worth the trouble to do the right thing or at *least* to kill off this
thread!

> And Herbert Xu found imho the only strong argument against moving it,
> FHS might change:
[...]

    Yes, but let's not place too much faith on a future change that will
make what we are doing compliant again.  I don't see much disadvantage to
making symlinks, but I do see a big advantage to obeying Debian Policy.
(The "correct" thing to do there is to make the symlinks in the packages in
question, but that means coordinating with all the maintainers [who may be
resistant], and is more difficult to back out of, so perhaps a separate
package to do this is reasonable.)

Rene

--
+---           (Rene Weber is <rene_autoreply@elvenlord.com>)          ---+
|         Don't anthropomorphize computers.  They don't like  it.         |