Re: horse carcas flogging

Rene Weber <rene_deblist@elvenlord.com> wrote:
>    The problem is that not everyone agrees that traceroute (for example) is
> violating the FHS.

No, everybody agrees, but not everybody thinks it s a worth the
trouble.

And Herbert Xu found imho the only strong argument against moving it,
FHS might change:
<[🔎] E15AqXQ-0001Yq-00@gondolin.me.apana.org.au>

and later in <[🔎] E15At3x-00021H-00@gondolin.me.apana.org.au>
| > This seems to be claiming that no bug may be fixed unless all bugs
| > are fixed.  I think that's a terrible principle to adopt.
|
| You missed the point.  The fact that nobody is following that rule
| suggests to me that this rule may be removed/revised in a future
| revision of the FHS.
| Thus blindly following it at the moment is probably a foolish thing.

             cu andreas
--
Uptime: 10 seconds  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
vim:ls=2:stl=***\ Sing\ a\ song.\ ***