Re: traceroute in /usr/bin, not /usr/sbin

Richard Kettlewell <rjk+news@sfere.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>> on the one hand we have subjective interpretation that traceroute
>> belongs in /usr/bin.

> The FHS is perfectly clear, despite the attempts to claim otherwise.

I never suggested otherwise.  I am merely pointing out that no major
distribution has to date followed this rule.

Let me repeat this, if you want to argue that traceroute should be moved
on the grounds of FHS compliance, then you must move all the other
utilities that fall under it, that is, most things in /sbin and /usr/sbin.