Re: ITP: squeak-vm, squeak-image, squeak-sources -- A highly portable Smaltalk system

> I will make the license available at:
> 	http://people.debian.org/~bagpuss/copyright

> I accept that the licernse is non-free.  But I can't see why it is
> non-free enough to prevent it being in section non-us/non-free.  Any
> input on this is happily looked at.

Your values for free software ?

<pause>
(the rest of this mail could lead to a flamewar. Please moderate
yourself when reading it...)
</pause>

If if were only me, non-free would not even exist.

Btw, this license is unacceptable for at least one point: "here the
Licensee is located in the province of Quebec, Canada, the following
clause applies: The parties hereto confirm that they have requested
that this Agreement and all related documents be drafted in English.
Les parties ont exigé que le présent contrat et tous les
documents connexes soient redigés en anglais."

In Québec, there happens to be a law which permit Quebecers to
require an official document to be in French.

This clause is the worse clause in a software license I have ever
seen. It just forbid people deciding to live in their own language to
use that program. You know.. the freedom 0 that Stallman talks about
in his speeches ? (and about which people sometimes laugh)

This is just obnoxious. I may not be as radical as RMS is. But even
Microsoft is not as restrictive as this.

W.