Re: AOP: openh323gatekeeper

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 10:53:23PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> If the TXT record is there, maybe. I haven't seen this behaviour. I've
> tested all 3 OpenH323 gatekeepers in conjunction with OpenMCU and NetMeeting
> at work, and it will only connect people who are registered with that
> gatekeeper. For instance, if a NetMeeting client registers as "moocows",
> then you can just dial "moocows", and the gatekeeper will proxy it through
> to the correct person.

Well, openh323proxy TRIES to look for a remote gatekeeper by looking in
the DNS. I'm not sure if I ever got the DNS format right when I tried
it though, because documentation is practically non-existent. The
readme_dns.txt does not provide enough details. I found a hint of it in
some online Cisco documentation.

I put the following in my zone file:

              IN  TXT    "ras gk.host.name"

simph323 didn't seem to be able to find the gatekeeper from this.

Hamish