Re: upgrading to postgresql 7.1

    Brian> How do you create a new blank database with 7.1? With 7.0
    Brian> there use to be a pg_init executable (or something
    Brian> similar), but I can't seem to find it here.  Just

LATER: I got it. I meant initdb.

    Brian> How do you import the new database into 7.1?  I tried psql,
    Brian> but without success. Will try it again when I know the
    Brian> answers to the above (at least the 2nd one).  -- Brian May
    Brian> <bam@debian.org>

Still doesn't work.

psql template1 -f db_6.5.out

(what database name am I meant to use? the db file contains all the
databases... I suspect that is my problem, below)

comes up with errors like:

psql:db_6.5.out:13:ERROR: source database "template1" is being accessed by other users
psql:db_6.5.out:14:\connect: FATAL 1: Database: "bbs" does not exist in the system catalog.

(no other users are using it)

line 13 is: create database bbs;
line 14 is: \connect bbs postgres
--