upgrading to postgresql 7.1

Hello,

has anybody been able to upgrade to postgresql 7.1?

I have tried numerous times (both from 6.5 and 7.0), using completely
different methods each time, but every time I seem to find more and
more bugs in the upgrade process.  I don't want to find bugs! I want
to upgrade (is my computer listening?)

I have sent a bug report to Oliver (#97550), the maintainer of this
package. Initially he thought he had fixed the problem (unfortunately,
not true; he may have fixed some bugs, but lots of others seem to
exist, too). I haven't yet had a response to my latest detailed list
of new bugs.

Any ideas? Or, would I be better of re-entering my data into a
database like mysql? How do the upgrades of mysql compare with
postgresql?

Thanks in advance.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>