Re: Maintaining kernel module packages?

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:16:29AM -0700, David Schleef wrote:

> You still need the .config file, in order to extract necessary
> details like CONFIG_M486, CONFIG_X86, CONFIG_PROC_FS, CONFIG_PCI,
> CONFIG_PCMCIA, etc.  In source files, these can of course be
> extracted from linux/config.h, but they are also necessary at
> the configuration and Makefile level.

The same thing can be easily extracted from include/config, even in a
Makefile.

> but I can see lots of potential problems with that system.  In
> particular, the file rtai/scripts/realtime-config could be useful.

This script is actually not that reliable.  For instance, if any compile
options change on the kernel side, this will break.  However, most of it
will continue to work with just include/.  The only thing besides compiler
options that requires things outside include/ is get_cross_compile, which
isn't terribly useful here anyway.