Re: serious bugs/package removal

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
>On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:26:11AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
>> Yes. I wouldn't have expected your package to be actively removed from
>> testing anyway - normally it just blocks new versions of the package
>> from going in.
>
>Yes, that would make sense IMO.
>
>> Whatever policy says, it's a serious bug due to the problems it causes
>> for porters; if you declare build dependencies, they must be correct.
>
>Sure and I will do a new upload asap, but removing the correctly working
>package seems a little bit harsh to me.

Is this quota? It still seems to be in testing:

     quota |     1.65-4 |        stable | alpha, arm, i386, m68k,
                                          powerpc, sparc, source
     quota |     2.00-9 |       testing | alpha, arm, i386, m68k,
                                          powerpc, sparc, source
     quota |     2.00-9 |      unstable | mips, powerpc
     quota | 3.00pre01-2 |      unstable | m68k, ia64
     quota | 3.00pre01-3 |      unstable | alpha, arm, i386, sh, sparc,
                                           source

I'd have assumed that it couldn't have been rolled back to an older
version if the version in testing had been upgraded at any point to
3.00pre01, since the 2.00-9 packages would then have been physically
deleted.