Re: Undefined symbol __tic (possibly GL related?)

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 03:16:59PM +0200, "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org> was heard to say:
>  Looking at the libraries glaxium is linked to, my guess is this comes
>  from libGLU.  __tic is a char typeinfo node, and the only library that
>  has something to do with C++ is libGLU.  In particular, the libGLU
>  provided by xlibmesa3, which I guess you used to compile glaxium.

  Hmm, I finally just started randomly (well, not randomly) downgrading
libraries to the versions in testing.  If I install the version of glutg3
from testing, I see the problem.  It looks like the linkage of glut has
changed in the last few versions -- does this explain the problem, or is it
just hiding it?  (and does it matter to me which it is?)

  Daniel

|                              The Turtle Moves!                              |
\------- (if (not (understand-this)) (go-to http://www.schemers.org)) --------/