Re: LILO

>>"Itai" == Itai Zukerman <zukerman@math-hat.com> writes:

 Itai> And, this is better than having lilo and grub implement an
 Itai> update-boot-loader script and testing *just* for the existance of that
 Itai> in the kernel-image postinst and postrm?

	And what would this script do, since it can't really edit the
 conffile? And you can choose to tell the kernel image not to put the
 symlinks in /; or not to do the symlinks at all; or not to run a boot
 loader, or to run an arbitrary script you specify.

	Given that we have all that already in place, why do we need
 yet another standards api that has to be implemented by all
 bootloaders of all architectures and hard coded in the postinst?

	Please read the documentation of kernel-package, and see what
 the kernel-images are capable of, before proposing solutions that are
 less capable, would tend to violate policy, and require additional
 work by a whole mess of packages.

	manoj
--
 According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are
 totally worthless.