Re: LILO

Je 10 May 2001 09:54:31 -0500,
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> scribis:

> 	Firstly, were you aware that the image postinst actually tests
>  the lilo.conf before rerunning lilo? And if there is an error in the
>  test, lilo is not actually run? (I hate FUD).
>
> 	Secondly, recent kernel-packages come with an example script
>  to add to the postinst and postrm hooks to add and delete liones from
>  a grub menu file.

And, this is better than having lilo and grub implement an
update-boot-loader script and testing *just* for the existance of that
in the kernel-image postinst and postrm?

The only downside I can think of is if update-boot-loader depends on
the vmlinuz symlink stuff.  Perhaps update-boot-loader could be
called with the location of the new kernel image or some other
relevant parameters?

-itai