Re: LILO

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

"Frederico" == Frederico Muñoz <fsmunoz@sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

 Frederico> That would be nice... the kernel-pacakge offers to update
 Frederico> lilo and a simple yes to the lilo questions can make the
 Frederico> system unbootable; adding a entry to GRUB menu.lst would
 Frederico> be rather  simple I guess.

	Firstly, were you aware that the image postinst actually tests
 the lilo.conf before rerunning lilo? And if there is an error in the
 test, lilo is not actually run? (I hate FUD).

Sorry, I probably mistaked it with some other program that once updated lilo and left me in a rather difficult situation; since I never said yes to LILO on kernel-package I never tested it. Please accept my
apollogies.

	Secondly, recent kernel-packages come with an example script
 to add to the postinst and postrm hooks to add and delete liones from
 a grub menu file.

Oh, how nice. That's what I get from reading only the 'For the adventurous to this' in the README.

Ummm... ina all this I was trying to found a reason for LILO to be the default bootloader... every reason I could see appears to be invalid, but there is probably a big one out there that I'm missing utterly...

Best Regards,

fsm

--
Frederico S. Munoz