Re: build depends on kernel-headers

    Aaron> So you're saying it's better to hardcode syscall numbers
    Aaron> and stuff than using the kernel headers? Suuuure...

    Manoj> We already have a process for packages that actually do
    Manoj> need kernel headers, and are thus dependent on particular
    Manoj> kernel versions.

    Sam> We do?  please explain what it is.

    Manoj> 	We call these packages kernel modules; and we have a
    Manoj> process by which you inform make where the relevant kernel
    Manoj> headers are to be found. make-kpkg automates that somewhat
    Manoj> (and make-kpkg can be used for packages that are not
    Manoj> kernel-modules, you know).

How do I use make-kpkg to build modules with a kernel headers package?
I don't see how to do this in the manual, and when I try obvious
things I get told that the kernel headers directory is not a kernel
source directory.  If you had said that we have a process for building
modules from kernel sources I'd agree with you, but currently I don't
think we have such a process for headers.