Re: build depends on kernel-headers

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 12:28:32PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> I maintain util-linux that is a user space package that needs many kernel
> headers (and the package in unstable compiles only with 2.4 kernel
> headers). I do currently use the kernel haeaders libc6-dev ships.  Would
> it be the right solution to copy the 2.4.4 kernel headers into the package
> and use them?

It needs to be looked at on a case-by-case basis.  In general though,
if you need access to something that is not provided by glibc, you'll
have to setup a local header file and maintain it yourself as new
kernel releases come out.

I wouldn't expect the Debian maintainer to have to go through this
though, as this is something that must be dealt with in the upstream
util-linux package.