Re: why dig ? I wanna use nslookup !

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 05:13:08PM -0400, Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> from the secret journal of John H. Robinson, IV (jhriv@ucsd.edu):
>
> I'm not sure if this has come up before, but since DJB likes to install in
> /var, wouldn't any Debian package fail the policy check?

that is just qmail and the other MTA related crap that does that. the
other dns stuff really wants to go into /service (publicfile is very
similar)

the debian packager gets around that by using the qmail-src package that
then builds a FHS compliant qmail .deb. there are still symlinks from
/var/qmail/* to where the files really live. this provides the
compatibility with those that ``know'' that rcpthosts is in the
/var/qmail/control dir, and not the /etc/qmail dir

-john