Re: Gnome bug 94684

Le Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 09:20:59PM -0700, Alexander Hvostov écrivait:
> > You guys are getting more and more bureaucratic. That's sad.
>
> Bureaucracy is integral to an organization such as Debian. you're going to
> have to learn to live with it.

Certainly not. We have rules to follow, but that's not bureaucracy.
And one of the first rule is the maintainer is the one who decides for his
package.

It's a pity we have to keep all those upstream bugs in the Debian BTS
when there's an upstream BTS. Each maintainer should be able to decide
if he wants to keep the upstream forwarded bug. I'd like to be able to
close those upstream bugs by sending a mail to xxx-done@bugs.debian.org
giving the reference of the bugs submitted to the upstream BTS.

Because it regularly happens that the bug is ignored upstream and then the
BTS gets bloated with upstream bugs, making it more difficult to manage
the bugs that are really Debian related.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com