Re: Lightweight Web browsers

To quote Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>,
> I think in principle glib may be a good idea, but it is overdone.

I think I disagree. Look down the road five or ten years. Maybe at that
point, there will be a good reason for gint to be different from the
standard C int, but yet backwards-compatible with older gints.

So you're right - there's no reason for it now. But as it stands, glib
has a lot less inertia than glibc; there's a lot less pressure to keep
things the same for long periods of time. So I think they were right to
go for completeness, and leave it open-ended. Better to build one
ten-lane highway than build five two-lane highways(for lots of reasons,
and the analogy holds).

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)