Re: Lightweight Web browsers

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:51:05 +0000 (UTC),
aaronl@vitelus.com (Aaron Lehmann) said:

    > them to some extent. I like several of the routines, but
    > things such as g_malloc() and g_free() are equivilent to
    > functions in the standard C libary. I am also very suprized

Not at all. Why should we all define our own xmalloc() in every
single program we write? Additionally, glib's memory management
do some additional caching to aid performance, and has hooks to
make it easy to debug memory management problems. Glib has all
kinds of nice little features like this.

    > that glib has types like gint, gshort, and gchar which are

OK, maybe gint and such are pointless, but they were going for
completeness here :). I forgive them.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr.
mailto:epg@pobox.com <*> jabber:pretzelgod@jabber.org

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by
 those who have not got it."
 --George Bernard Shaw