Re: Lightweight Web browsers

Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> writes:

> May I ask why you don't mention that this is a web browser for Gnome?
> This information would be helpful for people that look for a lightweight
> HTML browser, but don't want to install Gnome. For those people this
> browser will not be a alternative, since it pulls in the whole bunch of
> gnome libs. :(

  I mainly focused on low memory consumption, and Encompass meet this
  requirement.

  Then, mentioning Gnome usually make people think that the Gnome
  Desktop Environment is required to run the browser which is not the
  case.

  And unless you have disk space restrictions, I don't see the problem
  with installing gnome libs since these are shared between a growing
  number of applications.
  (Political reasons for not installing Gnome are not good reasons)

--
Jérôme Marant