Re: Lightweight Web browsers

On 01-04-27 Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> writes:

> > <Sarcasm>
> > So come on people, let's install all 6000 packages, because maybe we
> > could use them once.
> > </Sarcasm>

>   Listen, I've packaged it in order to make available in debs for
>   people willing to test it. Now, don't blame me about those gnome
>   dependencies since I'm not upstream. APT is ment to show you
>   packages to be installed and does not force you to install.

He, I didn't blame you or anyone else for this, I just used some sarcasm
around your statement about disk space.

>   And apologies for not mentioning Gnome ... (since it seemed to
>   bother you)

Not only me. It's just that the Gnome Libaries install a bunch of
packages and also need quite some disk-space. Therefor I and I think
some other people too would like to know before if the software depends
on that bunch of libraries or not.

> > Well, I just try to keep my system as clean as possible, which includes
> > for me that I also check the installed libraries. And every time I try
> > one of those gnome apps, I'm astonished about the big bunch of libraries
> > that I have to install. Therefor I would prefer applications that just
> > depend on the GTK Libraries and not the Gnome-Libraries. Therefor I
> > would prefer it to know in advance if an ITP'ed software could become
> > interesting for me or not.

>   Please note that did not ITPed it since I'm not sure people except
>   from me are interested in such a browser. And It does not seem to make
>   you very happy. Unless people are interested to see it in debian
>   I won't upload it.

Sorry, I forgot that when I wrote my statement.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)