Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 08:00:50AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I do that too; what's the oldconfig step needed for though? I just
> jump straight to menuconfig and it always seems OK.

i find it easier to deal with new config questions. it uses your old
answers as input for any questions, and only prompts you to input
answers to new questions.

> I agree that it is not too hard to compile your own kernel.  I never
> use Debian's standard kernel-image packages (except on my 68K Mac,
> where it takes too long to recompile).

is there such a thing as cross-compilation for the kernel?

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0