Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

Herbert Xu (2001-04-22 14:15:50 +1000) :

> Yes you should.  But then most people would be happy to have all of
> the above as modules.

I used to put plenty of things in modules.  I even put ext2 in a
module, three or four times.  Wham, kernel panic at boot.  Okay, I
thought I wouldn't do the same error again.  I haven't, for three
years.

  Then one day I compiled IDE as a module.  Boom again!

  Call me stupid if you like, but I think "all goes into modules"
won't work.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas