Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:29:16AM +0200, PiotR wrote:
> > in this thread.  Just because the things it helps provide are not important to
> > you doesn't mean nobody would like them.

> > I would prefer ALL: ALL in hosts.deny as a default.
>
> I think this violates the possible "Debian default:worlwide acces" that I have previously mentioned.

debian home directories default to world read (well, all user read anyway).

I don't agree with that **personally**; I was trained as an architect
and learned that fences do make good neighbors.  So does encryption
and responsiblity, much as some of us would like otherwise.

No big deal, from a sysadmin POV, keep it consistent, put it in debconf;
worldwide access is consistent with Debian optimism.  :-)

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039