Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 05:49:12PM +0200, Miros/law `Jubal' Baran wrote:
> 18.04.2001 pisze PiotR (piotr@omega.resa.es):
>
> > Having ALL: PARANOID in /etc/hosts.deny only causes problems and
> > doesn't provide any special security. Its very annoing when you can't
> > access some server because this. Or worse, the clients doesn't accept
> > the server stuff.
>
> Yes, I agree. It should be removed and replaced with ALL: DENY. ;->
>
> > I strongly believe that this should be removed in posterior releases
> > of debian O.S ?what do you think?
>
> Seriously, I think it should stay as it is. Everybody, who knows what
> it means, can easily edit this file and remove it.

I'm talking about the _majority_of_debian_users_ or not-so-good-netadmins that have no idea of what it means. How can I, as a client, edit the servers file and remove it?  :-D

Didn't you miss something?

--
Pedro Larroy Tovar. PiotR | http://omega.resa.es/piotr/
piotr@omega.resa.es