Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Adam McKenna wrote:

> Oh, come on now.  Anyone who's serious about security is not using name-based
> access lists.  For that matter, anyone who's serious about security is not
> relying on TCP wrappers for it, because it's been shown over and over again
> that TCP wrappers "security" can be easily defeated.  See Dan Bernstein's
> posts to Bugtraq regarding this issue.

I KNOW. But not everybody who runs Debian is serious enough about
security. Why soften the defaults?

--
 "But since you asked: I am like a hunter of peace, one who chases the
  elusive mayfly of love. - Well, something like that." -- Trigun