Re: sensible-browser and sensible-image-viewer

On 12-Apr-01, 13:36 (CDT), Malcolm Parsons <malcolm@ivywell.screaming.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 10:39:30AM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > I guess I'm missing the point: who generates the
> > list? Update-alternatives doesn't do any such thing.
>
> It does:
>
> malcolm@arthur:~$ sudo update-alternatives --config x-terminal-emulator

Oops, should have checked. Sorry.

> Lots of menu entries launch x-terminal-emulator to run the program in.
> A user should be able to choose which xterm is run.

PATH=~/bin:$PATH
ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/myterm ~/bin/x-terminal-emulator

Something that uses "/usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator" instead of just
"x-terminal-emulator" should probably be fixed. If it does hardcode the
path, I'm not sure how any user-land tool can override it.

Steve
--
steveg@moregruel.net