dselect is stuck with an error in dpkg-preconfigure --apt

Hi,

After having put my machine in a really bad state, I reinstalled Debian 2.2
and then went on to upgrade to unstable so I could make an ICU 1.8 package.
I am now stuck with an error:

94% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 60, <TEMPLATES> chunk 2.
E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)

The dpkg-preconfigure belongs to debconf-tiny 0.2.80.16. There is no
indication of what file had the parse error etc.

What can I do t get out of that?

Thanks,
YA
--
My opinions do not necessarily reflect my company's.
The opposite is also true..