Re: dselect is stuck with an error in dpkg-preconfigure --apt

Yves Arrouye wrote:
> After having put my machine in a really bad state, I reinstalled Debian 2.2
> and then went on to upgrade to unstable so I could make an ICU 1.8 package.
> I am now stuck with an error:
>
> 94% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 60, <TEMPLATES> chunk 2.
> E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)

You might try upgrading to a version of debconf that was released after
man climbed down from the trees. Current versions will probably tell you
where and in what the problem is, and even guess as what caused it, in
excruciating detail.

--
see shy jo