Re: >2Gb files (2.4.3 kernel on dual Intel PIII)

Hi, thanks for suggestions.... Just to tidy the thread....

Nathan> I believe the step you missed was: export LINUX_SOURCE=/usr/src/linux-2.4.3
I had done an export after setting it... and I could see from the build process
that it had picked up the path.

Michael> glibc and fileutils in woody will work with large files out of the box
Thanks - I tried on another machine (single processor) which also has a testing/
unstable config and absolute joy, it "worked out of the box" (on reiserfs on top
of LVM incidently). It even worked with the same kernel as that I had used on the
original machine. I'm now trying to match up the versions of all packages between
the machines to establish what exactly is still screwing up....