Re: Woody Freeze Plans - Progress Report

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 10:16:10PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> Ian Eure (2001-04-07 13:02:13 -0700) :
>
> > this is one of the things i think has been lacking in debian - in
> > order to perform a network install, you must create 6 floppies;
> > rescue, root, and 4 driver disks. bleah.
>
> I usually get along really fine with two floppies (rescue and root).
> I do replace the kernel on the rescue disk by an appropriate one (with
> all needed drivers compiled in), but it's really easy.
>
> Roland.
> --
IMHO It should be more easy. I remember installing slackware 3.0. You just had to select the apropiate bootdisk image, according to your hardware needs. And ready to go. That way you only need rawrite, and there's no need for a previous linux system. ( for kernel compiling )