Re: Woody Freeze Plans - Progress Report

Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:

> > > 2. We have the working potato boot-floppies. I know they aren't
> > > the best but they are working.
> >
> > No, they don't work for woody. That's what Adam and David are
> > working on.
>
> technicality we can make this: release woody with the potato boot
> floppies. after the (old) base-config apt read the package files
> from the cds or the net and install the newer packages. This work,
> it's apt's magic
>
> This is not the preferred way (IMHO). But this is better as wait a
> long time.

Agreed. Ie base.tgz could actually go parallel with
boot-floppies. Then other developers could get a chroot environment to
prepare their packages. (In preparing for CDLinux, I actually do the
boot stuff in paralle with my friends doing chroot. Just FYI.)

--
http://dim.sourceforge.net ............... Debian Chinese Input Method
http://njlug.sourceforge.net ............ NanJing GNU/Linux User Group