Re: ITP: libmpeg3 -- an mpeg audio and video decoding library

>> "Ivan E. Moore II" <rkrusty@tdyc.com> writes:

 > what happens when libmpeg up's it's soname a couple times.  Then
 > under normal packaging standards the package would be called
 > libmpeg3.

 It still doesn't clash because this libmpeg3 package's binaries have to
 be called libmpeg3<something else here> according to policy.  That is,
 I hope the soname is not just libmpeg3.so but libmpeg3.so.n, which
 gives libmpeg3n as the binary name, or preferrably libmpeg3-n.

 If that clashes in people's minds, that's another issue.

--
Marcelo