Re: Packages still using /usr/doc in unstable

On Tuesday 27 March 2001 20:22, David Starner wrote:
> I've sometimes found those small bugs terribly annoying, and fixing
> them to be extremely helpful. Why should all the non-i386 users have to
> wait for you to get around to fixing this big bug (that may not affect
> them) when all they want is the package? It's not a wasted of effort
> if it's actually useful to a lot of people who would otherwise be waiting
> a long time for you to get to the big bugs.

My sentiments exactly. And furthermore, if the package is going to unstable
anyways, people already know they'll get a flood of changes. I upload as soon
as I'm done for the time, ie. I fix all the bugs in one stretch that I can,
and upload. If I two-three hours later find one more bug, I'll remove the
older upload from incoming and upload again.

Dunno if Policy states anything about this, but I think it's The Right Thing
To Do. But then again, everybody is entitled to their own opinion :)

Rgds
Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt