Re: Packages still using /usr/doc in unstable

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 01:02:18PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >From what I've seen of the results from past BSPs the thrust is to fix all
> the obviously easy stuff, ignoring the other bugs. I don't know about
> other maintainers, but I release a new package with as many bugs fixed as
> possible, so while I may already have fixed the easy bugs, I haven't done
> an upload because I still want to fix several other important things as
> well. Someone at the BSP fixes a build depends (a whole 20 characters
> inserted into the control file) and uploads it. That whole effort was
> wasted, as the maintainer already has this patch in his code.

I've sometimes found those small bugs terribly annoying, and fixing
them to be extremely helpful. Why should all the non-i386 users have to
wait for you to get around to fixing this big bug (that may not affect
them) when all they want is the package? It's not a wasted of effort
if it's actually useful to a lot of people who would otherwise be waiting
a long time for you to get to the big bugs.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and